To strengthen our European headquarter in Frankfurt am Main, our Camera team is currently looking for an
Intern (f/m/d) Machine Learning
Hyundai Mobis, a leading worldwide supplier of automobile parts, is developing next-generation autonomous driving solutions. Our camera team is using visual input from an onboard camera to extract information about the surrounding environment. Typical tasks are object detection, semantic segmentation, ego motion estimation as well as estimating the road and lanes.
Many of these tasks are employing neural networks as the key processing step. However, current neural networks typically process each camera image frame independently.
The aim of the internship is to research and implement methods to extend the current neural networks such that they can make use of the temporal correlation between consecutive image frames.
- You are currently doing your Bachelor or Master studies in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or in a similar field.
- You bring a solid understanding of machine learning and (recurrent) neural networks, e.g. for object detection or semantic segmentation.
- You bring the ability to read research papers as well as creativity and hands-on problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the Python scientific stack (numpy, NN toolkit such as PyTorch).
You are available for a period of 6 months.
You are interested and willing to work in an international environment.
Very good English language skills, additional language skills are beneficial.
- Literature research on running neural networks on video data.
- You devise, implement and train the new network functionality to make use of image sequence data in the existing in-house neural network training framework.
- You test and evaluate on different data sets featuring a variety of driving scenarios and environmental conditions.
- You support the integration of the developed prototype code into our framework for vision-based driver assistance functionality. Also, you will have the chance to test and evaluate the algorithm running live in a test vehicle.
- You complete your internship with a technical report.
Become part of a rapidly growing company with a strong focus on developing the latest automotive technology.
Take over an exciting position in an internationally shaped working environment.
A training-on-the job customized to your needs.
Kicker and ping pong tables.
Great taffic connections by car and train.
Free daily snacks and meal vouchers.