To strengthen our European headquarter in Frankfurt am Main, we are currently looking for a
Head of Department - General Legal Counsel & Compliance Officer (m/f/d)
MOBIS Parts Europe N.V. is the European branch of Hyundai MOBIS, a worldwide leading supplier of genuine parts and accessories in the field of automotive. Together with Hyundai Motors and Kia Motors, Hyundai MOBIS is one of the biggest companies within the Hyundai group. In addition to research and development of high-tech products for passenger cars, MOBIS Parts Europe N.V. is responsible for the whole aftersales business of genuine parts and accessories for Hyundai Motors and Kia Motors in Europe.
- Fully qualified German lawyer (“Volljurist”), or comparable qualification in another European country.
- 7+ years of professional experience in Automotive (ideally) or comparable industry.
- Experience in all relevant legal areas of Automotive business.
- Business fluent in German and English.
- Cultural Sensitivity , Setting up and developing a team in a challenging environment.
- Leadership skills especially for leading a remote team in dotted line function.
- Positioning the Legal & Compliance Department in the business so that the Department is perceived as a business partner.
- Having a business management understanding and at the same time adequately re-flecting the legal requirements.
- Thinking outside of what is currently existing and develop a vision for the Department.
- Establish a strong working relationship with Mobis Korea HQ Legal & Compliance Team and implement the identified topics in alignment with Mobis Korea HQ in order to ensure uniform approach.
- Lead the Legal and Compliance team in all areas of law: commercial, antitrust, contract, product liability, civil, European regulatory, corporate, competition, IT, IP and coordinate the external legal consultants.
- Manage the corporate matters and support the team drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts.
- Support the legal team in regard of general legal requests and represent MPE towards third parties.
- Identify the legal risks associated with business activites and mitigation of such risks. Penetrating a business- oriented counselling approach of the legal team.
- Create a strong cooperation with the internal Global OE Sales team and setting up a global team of OE lawyers together with Mobis Korea HQ.
- Provide global alignment on key legal topics.
- Implement trainings for sales teams.
- Identify further means of coorperation and professionalization of legal work in regard to general Legal and OE Matters, especially contract review, drafting and negotiation, strategic counselling and claims.
- Identify the elements of a consistent compliance management system such as whistleblowing system, sanction screening, Know Your Business Partner Sys., Export Control etc.
- Coordinate and cooperate with other colleagues from other Affiliates for mutual global support and aligned approach to Legal and Compliance topics.
- Consolidate a MPE wide data protection organization and deepen the process in allignment with the support of Data Protection Officer.
- Implement Legal trainings for MPE Staff and lead the individual development of each legal team member.
What we offer you
- You will become an important member of an international company that is strongly focusing on the development of the latest automotive technologies.
- Take on an exciting position that will directly impact the company’s direction in the automotive industry.
- Long-term career perspective and promising growth opportunities.
- Flexible work time model that ensures an attractive work-life balance.
- Modern office space with table tennis room, thinking room, and fully equipped meeting rooms.
- Cafeteria area stocked daily with lunch snacks and fresh fruits; in addition, meal vouchers are given monthly.
- Free secured underground parking lot for bikes and cars.
- Great public transportation options.
- Many corporate benefits including discounts on nearby gym memberships.
- Regular company events, team dinners, and yearly sports competitions.
- Company pension, License for LinkedIn Learning, etc.